This package was developed by MikelSpikel & Beemer, (two members of Aximsite), who deserve all the credits and our gratitude

Update 5-31:

Beemer just posted the .5 package here!

Updated 5-7:Download the reg fix 35-37 here (ActiveSync over BT added).Download this reg fix here (HFP/HSP over BT added)

1-DISCLAIMER
============
What you are going to do may be:
-Dangerous for your data: May be you have to make a hard reset and lost all your data and applications.
-Dangerous for your Hardware: Althought none bad have happened to me, I cannot assure that these modifications are sure for your hardware.
-Illegal: Probably you are going to violate HP, Broadcomm, Microsoft and Dell Licenses, do it only as an “academical proof of concept” and revert your machine to its original state as soon as possible.
-It is only tested on an Axim X51v ROM A01 Spanish language, X51v ROM A06 English. I cannot assure that it works on other machines, languages or versions.
-It is a unofficial instalation and have not been fully tested. several profiles may work, others not.
I cannot accept any responsabilities for any damage, lost of data, or what these companys could reclaim you.
2-BACKUP AND PREPARE
====================
Althought the process is reversible, something might fail. You have to do at least these data backups before try it:
-Export the full registry branch HKLM
-Make a full backup using the program included on your X51 or a third party program
Turn off security prompt with Ctitanic SetSecurity.
3-MICROSOFT BLUETOOTH STACK REMOVAL
===================================
You have to use a registry editor compatible with Regedit V5, like Resco Explorer (it exists a demo version) or PHM Registry editor (Freeware)
-Delete Registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Bluetooth\Transports\BuiltIn\1
-Delete Registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Services\BTHIDSVC
-Delete all the values under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\BTControl
-Delete all the values under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\BCHSDRV
-Delete the file \windows\Startup\BTTray.lnk
-Soft reset Device
4-WIDCOMM BLUETOOTH STACK INSTALATION
=====================================
Please select ONE of the methods below:

Manually:
-Copy all the files under “Windows files 1.7.1.34” folder to \Windows on the X51
-Copy the file under “Startup” to your Startup directory, that is, \Windows\Startup on English machines.
-Copy the file under “StartMenu\Programs” to your Start menu programs directory directory, that is, \Windows\Start Menu\Programs on English machines or whatever it names on other languages.
-Execute PlatformV037.reg , This file contains all the registry entries needed for the new stack. (Import from Reg Editor)
-Soft reset device
I use this manual method with good success. However you might select the semi-automatic below. (SolSie)

Semi-automatically (this method is not fully tested and is under development):
-Copy BroadcomV037.ARMV4.CAB to somewhere on your device. Locate the file with file explorer and execute.
-Install to default directory.
-Locate and execute \Windows\PlatformV037.reg
-Soft reset device
5-UNINSTALATION
===============
-Import the full registry branch that you exported on step 2
-Delete Registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\BTC1
-Delete Registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\BTC2
-Delete Registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\BTC4
-Delete Registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\BTCeProfiles
-Delete Registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\BTCeStack
-Delete Registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\Serial7
-Delete Registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\Serial8
-Delete the file \windows\Startup\BTTrayCE.lnk
-Create the file \windows\Startup\BTTray.lnk Pointing to \Windows\BTTray.exe
-The files cannot be removed unless you delete on by one.

If this doesn’t work, make a Hard Reset and restore the backup done on step 2.
6-UPGRADE
=========
If you installed a previous version, follow these steps:
-Delete full key HKLM\Software\Widcomm
-Rename or move to a diferent folder (ie: \temp), \Windows\BTCeIf.dll, \Windows\BTCeStack.dll, \Windows\BTCeProfiles.dll and \Windows\Startup\BTTrayCE.lnk and make a soft reset.
-Follow the steps described in 4-WIDCOMM BLUETOOTH STACK INSTALATION
7-VERSION CHANGES
=================
V0.37
-Speed is now the maximun for Bluettoth 1.2: 921.600 bps to the chip and 733kbps in the data channel.
-A2DP profile seems to work on several but noat all stereo headphones.
-WIFI/Bluetooth coexistence is now working
-Solved minor bugs that made necessary to install 0.35 registry before 0.36 in previous version.
-Hidden old Microsoft Bluetooth icon from control panel.
-Added Dial and Send Links to Properties menus under Contacts, calendar and tasks.
-First attemp to do a cab instalation (without registry).
V0.36
-All files version 1.7.1.34 from HX4700 WM5
-Certificates and all the registry keys included in platform17134.reg
V0.35
-Files version 1.7.1.34 from HX4700 WM5
-Work with platform.reg but not with platfromnew.reg that is most based on the one from 4700
V0.31
-Icons problem solved
-Bad serial7 registry keys solved
-bts files added.
V0.3
-DUN patch included
-Widcomm drivers version 1.7.1.18
8-KNOWN ISSUES
==============
-Sound profiles HSP (Headset) and HFP (Handsfree) only work on Axims X50 upgraded to Windows Mobile 5.
-Not all Stereo Headphones works, and some that does have clicks or little silent spaces.

18 Comments

1. Blue
    Posted April 26, 2006 at 9:03 pm | Permalink

I had major problems with this. I followed the instructions exactly, and my Axim is really screwed up. I cannot sync via USB anymore — AS on the Axim just says that it is connected all the time, and the computer’s AS says that it ‘cannot sync….’. Also, my ‘Remove Programs’ is now completely blank (I probably have 25 apps installed that should be there).

I tried the uninstall procedure, but it didn’t fix anything. When I click on the BT icon now I get a message saying the system cannot find “1”. I’m planning on hard-resetting soon, so I don’t expect a fix. Just a FYI about the risks in this procedure.

2. Posted April 26, 2006 at 9:43 pm | Permalink

Sorry to hear that, mine went in flawlessly without any issue. I hope you had a backup prior to this procedure.

3. Saklander
    Posted April 26, 2006 at 9:48 pm | Permalink

Great Solsie!

Itร‚ยดs shaping up to bee a great tutorial!!!!

perhaps you could make a destintion betwen the manual and cab installed “update” they merge into eachother and people could get confused (just my op).

But again, great work!

4. MichaelPower
    Posted April 27, 2006 at 1:58 pm | Permalink

Hi!

i install the “files” & i use via BT dialup, the phone is work, but it’s auto call ended. ????????why??

THX

Mic

5. GF
    Posted May 3, 2006 at 12:04 am | Permalink

I had the same issues as ‘Blue’ all went to crap. I was forced to Hard-Reset. I even attempted it from this clean system will the similar results ๐Ÿ™

When i had installed the files i could configure the headset (Jabra BT150), but could not get the audio to be redirected to it. All a bit disappointing.

But, on the bright side, had done a full backup before starting so nothing was lost.

If only Dell put in as much effort as you guys ๐Ÿ™‚

6. Leo Lam
    Posted May 4, 2006 at 4:08 pm | Permalink

Hm, my machine cud detect all the bluetooth devices but other than that all of them are not workable at all. The BT Phone Manager cannot be launched (I double click it but it only shows the waiting sign and after that nothing come out).

7. Oscar Ubaldo
    Posted May 15, 2006 at 9:33 pm | Permalink

How do we install this reg fix here (HFP/HSP over BT added) after the v0.37 and diff 035-037 installation.

8. Posted May 15, 2006 at 11:08 pm | Permalink

Oscar, you can just use the new .38, it has everything in it.

9. Oscar Ubaldo
    Posted May 23, 2006 at 3:35 pm | Permalink

Hi Solsie,

That’s what I did and it all works fine. Thanks.

One question, I have noticed that the audio link cuts sometimes (the control buttons keep on working but no sound) I have to stop Bt and restart it then re-establish connection to get audio working again. Sometimes, it is even necessary to soft reset.
    Just wondering if this is something other peple are reporting and if there is a way around it.

thanks again for all you guys have done.

10. Posted May 23, 2006 at 4:34 pm | Permalink

Salut Oscar,
    Unfortunately, that happens with certain headsets at .38. We hope that we will have these problems addressed on .39 release. BTW, did you guys apply the new patch allowing to use the wireless hardware to turn on/off BT and WiFi?

11. Oscar Ubaldo
    Posted May 23, 2006 at 9:15 pm | Permalink

Merci Solsie,

Just a note to say that the page containing the .38 is no longer available (the page is the one giving the .37). any reason?

12. Posted May 25, 2006 at 12:39 pm | Permalink

Oscar, the .38 version is here:

13. Oscar Ubaldo
    Posted May 29, 2006 at 11:45 am | Permalink

Thanks Solsie.

In fact, I already have the version 38. I have it installed and working.

14. Halbert
    Posted May 31, 2006 at 12:07 am | Permalink

Thanks, I read from 1 DISCLAIMER to 8 Known issues, I will follow the step, but what are the two reg fix you listed on the top of page, when to apply them? or can i only apply them without the step 1 to 8?

15. Posted May 31, 2006 at 12:49 am | Permalink

Just download the .38 version, there are instructions included

16. Halbert
    Posted May 31, 2006 at 2:08 am | Permalink

Thanks a lot, sucessfully installed .38.
    I paired a BT head set with my X51 (A05), however, still do not know how to use BT to lisen music.

17. Posted May 31, 2006 at 3:33 am | Permalink

Your BT headset uses HF/HS profile just for the phone. You can listen music with that mode, however the quality is not terrible. If you have BT stereo headsets that support A2DP (hi-quality audio) then the quality is much better.
    I just bought this Globalsat here http://semsons.com/glbtblhe.html
    It works great, I can use external speakers, or any of my favorite earbuds to receive the audio from my Axim.

18. Posted May 31, 2006 at 11:41 pm | Permalink