As you know since YouTube made available http://m.youtube.com , not all the WM devices can take advantage of this new mobile streaming service as we mentioned HERE!

The good friends at XDA Developer forum have managed to extract the HTC Streaming Media Player for Windows Mobile 5.0 and 6.0 based Pocket PC and Smartphone devices.

The HTC Streaming player supports RTSP streaming protocol. HTCs Streaming Media Player is a free application pre-installed on the latest Windows Mobile 6 HTC devices that allows you to watch streaming RSTP/3GP audio/video media.

You can download HTC Streaming Media Player HERE!. The CAB file also contains registry keys for 3GP MIME type so that when you click a streaming video link in your mobile browser, the HTC streaming media player is launched.

[Update: The DLL file pack is no longer available for download - If anybody can find the new link - Please let us know! - READ comment # 29 ]

If you get an some error about components not found or missing, you might require this DLL file pack that contains the following system files required by the player:

• AYGSHELL.dll
  • COREDLL.dll
  • ImageDLL.dll
  • ole32.dll
  • OLEAUT32.dll VerInfou.dll
  • WININET.dll WS2.dll

These files need to be placed under the \Windows directory of your mobile device. If you get a warning about replacing existing files, DO NOT proceed.

[Source XDA-Developer Via Tech[Dot]Blog]

57 Comments

1. Aaron
    Posted July 17, 2009 at 9:54 am | Permalink

Moto Q-WM5: Get the streaming media player from above and install it – then download these dll’s http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=42536&d=1183066320 – requires joining xda. Put dll’s in windows directory but do not overwrite.

2. Jaymon
    Posted July 29, 2009 at 8:07 pm | Permalink

I have my MOTOROLA ve538 and it works to brows YOUTUBE!!

3. Ted
    Posted October 29, 2009 at 9:40 am | Permalink

Another alternative is by using skyfire browser. you can simply go to http://www.youtube.com (not m.youtube.com)and it’s really fast

4. maya su
    Posted March 10, 2010 at 12:05 am | Permalink

You can download and convert YouTube video with Video Sharer

5. Posted December 12, 2010 at 8:52 pm | Permalink

I admire the useful information and facts you provide inside your posts. I’ll bookmark your blog and also have my youngsters examine up right here frequently. I’m quite positive they’ll learn lots of new things here than anyone else!

6. Posted August 9, 2011 at 5:57 pm | Permalink

It may sound weird but my browser doesn’t seem to be able to display your article rightly It appears like an entire chunk of if isn’t correctly displayed and also the layout of the page doesn’t appear to become right. Can you confirm that this post has been set up for Opera?

7. Posted December 3, 2011 at 12:58 am | Permalink

iam having windows mobile 5 imate pdal when am going for live tv in ziddijatt.com my windows media player 10 not works kindly suggest me thst is there any codec required for this or any other video player will work kindly suggest me site address also t
    thanks baldev

One Trackback

1. [...] The old version tried to do this, too, but it just resulted in an error message on my WM6 devices. Workarounds sprung up, but now it just works. Video quality seems pretty good.  The audio is surprisingly [...]