The Note taking is the most simple but yet the most useful application. There are a wealth of options out there including
- Outlook client, PhateNote, Stickies Notes: Client on PC and WM client
- Google Notebook; Yahoo Notepad: Web based
For advanced users, MS Office OneNote/Mobile OneNote is great but it is not free. EverNote is a free alternative (unless, you need advanced features such image/text recognition you have to purchase after 60 days). With EverNote you can capture what you like and find it anytime. The intuitive UI and advanced recognition allow you to capture and search through notes, mobile phone snapshots, webpage clips, images of printed and handwritten text, emails, passwords, brainstorms, sketches, documents, and much, much more.
EverNote lets you…
- Create notes with text, snapshots, web clips, handwriting, and digital ink
- Sync snapshots from your mobile phone or PDA
- Search through text, images, notes, and more
- Share your notes with friends via email and IM
- Use Google Desktop Search® to quickly find notes
- Organize and categorize notes manually or automatically
- Synchronizing images from your mobile phone
Among other features you make make EverNote portable (install on USB stick).
We know show is better then tell. Watch the EverNote 5-minute flash overview or follow the video tutorial below
Tutorial 1 – Beginner Walkthrough
Tutorial 2 – How I Use EverNote