Application developers can start submitting their apps to Microsoft Windows Mobile App Store starting to day at this site:
Below are the requirements:
- Get a Live ID. Dont have a Live ID? Signing up is easy!
- Sign the application provider agreement
- Create your profile Provide us with personal contact info.
- Provide company information We’ll need your business information, such as tax identification numbers and a bank account to establish your vendor account. This should come from an authorized officer of your company, or the individual bank account holder.
- Pay annual subscription fee Get great benefits for just $99 Plus taxes, if applicable
The app store will be a centralized place to sell Windows Mobile Apps managed by Microsoft. Future releases of Windows Phone will have the app install to facilitate your “impulse” with “one click” purchase.
Unlike Apple App, which has the exclusivity from inception. The move from Microsoft could jeopardize its business partners that have been selling, distributing Windows Mobile app for years. We should expect these companies will also make their shopping app available to lure developers and customers to theirs as well. [Via msmobile]