Skype, the popular VoIP service, just released a new version of its client for MacOS, removing the beta label and introducing group video calling as part of the Premium package, as well as a number of user interface and other improvements including live chat customer support.
Other enhancements of Skype 5.0 for Mac include
- Smaller real estate
- 30% more contacts shown with new tighter contact list
- White space reduction allowing more visible data
- Contact monitor to see if they are online
- Optional full screen mode in video calls
- Easier to chat when call is in progress
You can try the premium service out for free for 7 days, and then purchase either a day pass starting at $4.99 (€3.49/£2.99)* or as a monthly subscription for $8.99 (€5.99/£4.99)* per month. New users receive a 7-day free trial. Download here! .