Google’s free Blogger platform just got a new look with the introduction of Dynamic Views, a set of new themes written with AJAX, HTML5 and CSS3 to spice up your blogs.
Existing Blogger Blogs can add easily Dynamic View as easy as changing the template. Log in to Blogger, click on the Template tab on your dashboard, and select whichever view you want to set as your default. If you want to add your own touch to any of these new views, you can upload a header image and customize the background colors. We’ll be adding more ways to customize Dynamic Views in the coming weeks.
As described in the Blogger blog, here are descriptions and examples of the seven new themes:
- Classic (Gmail): A modern twist on a traditional template, with infinite scrolling and images that load as you go
- Flipcard (M loves M) – Your photos are tiled across the page and flip to reveal the post title
- Magazine (Advanced Style) – A clean, elegant editorial style layout
- Mosaic (Crosby’s Kitchen) – A mosaic mix of different sized images and text
- Sidebar (Blogger Buzz Blog) – An email inbox-like view with a reading page for quick scrolling and browsing
- Snapshot (Canelle et Vanille) – An interactive pinboard of your posts
- Timeslide (The Bleary-Eyed Father) – A horizontal view of your posts by time period
Blogger offers a nice preview, just plug in URL of any Blogger blog to preview it in Dynamic Views HERE!.