It was an eventful week leading to CTIA, the annual wireless convention, where the world is expecting Google and Samsung unveil the next Android mobile OS version Ice Cream Sandwich and Nexus Prime, the new Android smartphone king.
“Samsung and Google decide to postpone the new product announcement at CTIA Fall. We agree that it is just not the right time to announce a new product. New date and venue will be shortly announced.”
I have learned that ICS will be the Android version that unifies both Smartphone and Tablets versions. The previous iteration has separate Gingerbread and Honeycomb for each platform.
In the other hand, Nexus Prime from Samsung is a new test bed us for “pure” Android reference. We think this device will be the last device from Samsung to be used as such, since Google just acquired Motorola Mobile..
The blog BGR obtained hardware specs of the Samsung Prime:
- Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- 9mm thin
- 4.65-inch 1280 x 720-pixel Super AMOLED HD with curved glass
- TI OMAP 4460 dual-core Cortex A9 processor clocked at 1.2GHz
- 1GB of RAM
- 32GB of built-in storage
- 5-megapixel camera on the back, 1.3-megapixel in the front
- 1080p HD video capture support
- LTE/HSPA depending on carrier
- Wi-Fi a/b/g/n
- 1,750 mAh battery
Below is a glimpse of the new products