The ubiquitous Adobe Photoshop app will receive its mobile companion with the release of Photoshop Touch app for the iPad 2. Note that a version for Android has been available for sometime. The exclusive iPad 2-only app only costs $10 when it goes on sale in the app store.
The photo editor app will be the first of Adobe touch-optimized app series including: Collage, Debut, Ideas, Kuler and Proto.
The app features few core functions of photo editing such as layers, selection tools, adjustments, and filters. The less-precise touch finger selection can be enhanced by using Adobe new Scribble Select to easily keep and remove elements of an image as seen on the below introductory video.
Photos can come from social sites like Facebook, Flickr, Tumblr or online image searches such as Google Image Search, or a live feed from your tablet’s camera — all directly within Adobe Photoshop Touch. The app also makes easy for you to share the final result with friends on Social networks
Photoshop Touch offers user friendly inspirational gallery for the styles and results you’d like to achieve, and then follow step-by-step tutorial guides to easily learn techniques the pros use for great-looking results.
Adobe Photoshop Touch for iPad features:
- Use popular Photoshop features designed for the tablet such as layers, selection tools, adjustments, and filters to create mind-blowing images.
- Use your iPad camera to fill an area on a layer with the unique camera fill feature.
- Select part of an image to extract by scribbling with the Scribble Selection tool. With Refine Edge, use your fingertip to capture even hard-to-select image elements, like hair, with ease.
- Search and acquire images with the integrated Google Image Search.
- Share images on Facebook and view comments right within the app.
- Browse an inspirational gallery for the styles and results you’d like to achieve. Then follow step-by-step tutorials to easily learn techniques the pros use for great-looking results.
- Use AirPrint for wireless printing of Photoshop Touch projects.
- Upload projects to Adobe Creative Cloud* and open layered files from Adobe Photoshop Touch in Photoshop CS5.
- Maximum image resolution: 1600 x 1600 pixels