The device comes in full metal body with zero gap construction made out from on a single aluminum block. And tapered edges that offer a slim but satisfying grip. The new design that rivals well with the existing best industrial designs on the market. HTC described it as expensive and luxurious feeling, like a well crafted tool.
The casing comes in stainless steel or anodized black colors. A thin strip wraps around the the device, conceals a microSIM tray, an ejection port, a microUSB port, an earphone jack, a volume rocker and the on/off button that houses an IR transmit and receive. The IR can be used as remote control for your media devices. HTC places two speakers at top and bottom of the display.
The 4.7” display with full 1080p HD display is smaller than today Android flagship standard. The screen sports a respectable 469 PPI. The device uses 1 1.7GHz quad core Snapdragon CPU. it is measured 137.4 x 68.2 x 9.3mm (5.4” x 2.68” x .37”) and weighed 143gr (5.04oz).
HTC One’s major highlights:
- HTC Zoe: Press the shutter and the HTC One automatically captures up to 20 photos and a 3-second video—a picture that’s alive. So your entire photo album becomes a living, breathing gallery. HTC Zoe allows Share Retouch with Object Removal, Group Retouch, and Sequence Shot
- HTC BoomSound: the new HTC offers dual frontal stereo speakers powered by built-in amplifiers deliver bigger sound with less distortion and more detail. HTC claims the dual microphone system on the One can accommodate up to 120 dBA SPL (Sound Pressure Level) without saturating.
- HTC BlinkFeed: simply pick the social networks, news and feeds you want to stay updated on and they’ll all stream live to your home screen. Similar to Flipboard or the Windows Phone Live Tiles
- HTC UltraPixel Camera: With larger pixel size at 2.0 µm at the same CMOS sensor size, F/2.0, 28mm optical lens, and Optical Image Stabilization. The The result is a 4MP camera that trades resolution for dramatically better sensitivity in low light and better dynamic range.
- 25GB of Dropbox Cloud storage free for 2 years: With Dropbox integrated into HTC Sense, you can automatically save all your photos and videos to Dropbox – and access and share all your pictures directly from the Gallery. Dropbox also makes it easy to edit and share files while you are on the go
- HTC Sense 5: HTC signature UI overlaid on top of Android Jelly Bean gets a major overhaul with more subtle clock and more prominent live information stream provided by HTC BlinkFeed. Users can find also a second screen featuring stock Android home screen which houses app shortcuts and widgets.
The 4G HTC One will be sold on Sprint, T-Mobile and AT&T in the US. No pricing nor release date are available at this time.