If you are serious about photography, a new free open source software that might deserve your attention. When you tether via USB your Nikon camera to a Windows laptop running DigiCamControl, you will then have full control such live view, remote triggering, direct image transfer, controlling multiple cameras simultaneously and even offers you to control the camera from your tablet or smartphone…
The program mainly supports Nikon DSLR’s (see the list of supported camera HERE!)
The program works with other devices such iOS and Android smartphones & tablets as remote control via mobile browser.
Below are basic functions:
- Control you camera remotely from your computer via USB.
- See the camera live view image on the computer display.
- Trigger image capture via release button on camera body or remotely from your computer.
- Handhold the camera, shoot, and have the resulting images displayed on the computer monitor.
- Bracketing with an arbitrary shutter speed or exposure value.
- Use the advanced interval meter to create a series of time-lapse images and generate time-lapse video.
- Manage multiple profiles.
- Histogram & photo metadata view.
- Review in full screen.
- Manage camera presets (saved camera settings).
- Webserver function allows the remote control of application functions via a web browser, e.g. smart phone.
- Multiple camera support, you can control multiple connected cameras at the same time, triggering photo capture in parallel, or one by one – we’re looking forward to seeing your “bullet time” photos!
You can read more and download the app HERE!