After seven years, Microsoft game console got renewed and the next generation is called Xbox One instead of Xbox 720 and Xbox Infinity as previously rumored.
The new Xbox is destined to be the entertainment center of the living room as it is dressed appropriately in stylish glossy black to fit right in with other home theater equipments. The console comes with the matching game Xbox One controller and Kinect sensor.
The package will provide all entertainment including the personal homescreen, cinematic gaming, Live TV and Skype. The device is taking your gesture commands or by voice and react in very responsively manner. The new Xbox does not replace your existing cable box and your DVR; however will get through the Xbox system via HDMI-in/out. The built-in DVR function only records your game play.
The hardware of the console includes 8 core X86 CPU made by AMD; 8GB of RAM, a Blu-ray player; USB 3.0, HDMI in/out, and a 500GB hard drive. The OS consists of a combination of Xbox kernel and Windows 8 and a multitasking interface.
The Xbox One controller feature a new design with a better and more ergonomic D-Pad, more responsive rubling trigger, etc. The matching Kinect sensor gets an HD camera supporting Skype. It has more accuracy and sensitivity capable of reading your heartbeats.
Other existing features such Smartglass, Xbox Live, etc.. will be carried over to the new platform. New games are required since the under lying architecture has changed.
The new Xbox One will be available sometime later this year.
- TV on Xbox One. Navigate and watch live TV from your cable, telco or satellite set-top box through your Xbox One. Microsoft is committed to bringing live TV through various solutions to all the markets where Xbox One will be available.
- Home. Turn on your entertainment system with two powerful words, “Xbox On,” and a custom-tailored Home dashboard welcomes you with your favorite games, TV and entertainment.
- Snap. Do two things at once on the biggest screen in your home. Use Snap to jump into a multiplayer battle while watching your favorite movie, talk with friends on Skype while watching live TV, or track your fantasy team on TV as you watch the big game and more.
- Skype for Xbox One. Specially designed for Xbox One, talk with friends on your TV in stunning HD, or for the first time ever, hold group Skype calls on your TV.
- Trending. Stay on top of what is hot on TV by discovering the entertainment that is popular among your friends, and see what is trending within the Xbox community.
- OneGuide. Find your favorite entertainment easily, searching by network or name, all with the sound of your voice and presented in a tailored program guide.