Parallels, the popular virtualization software that allows users to run Windows OS on Apple hardware along with Mac OS, announced today a new product called Parallels Access. The solution, which comprises of a piece of server software running on Mac or Windows PC and a free iOS app running on the iPad, provides remote access to PC native software on the iPad. The software “re-massages” the apps to make them touch friendly.
The solution offers the convenience to take just an iPad away from home or office, while the user is still be able to perform all the works productively.
Only Parallels Access lets you apply all the familiar iPad gestures you love to the Windows and Mac applications you need. Tap to start any PC or Mac app, use the iPad magnifying glass for precise control and do it all with fewer misses. Select text, and copy & paste in your desktop apps just like they were made for the iPad. Even copy from your Mac or PC applications and paste to your iPad apps.
Tap, swipe to scroll, pinch — use the same familiar iPad gestures, but this time use them with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and more), Apple iWork (Keynote, Pages, Numbers), Internet Explorer, Adobe Photoshop or any other Mac or PC application.
Parallels Access’s main features include
- App Launcher: Start any desktop application, Windows or Mac, as if it were made for an iPad
- App Switcher: Switch between desktop applications with ease, literally going from app-to-app in a tap
- iPad native select and drag: Select words and graphics with one finger, on Mac or Windows applications, then drag, drop and go
- iPad native copy and paste: Select and copy from your desktop and paste it anywhere – between iPad apps, or even from desktop to desktop
- SmartTap and magnifying glass: Tap with precision inside your desktop applications, so you never miss a thing
- iPad native scroll for desktop applications: It’s scrolling that just works
- Desktop keyboard on iPad: Shows up just when you need it, contains Windows and Command keys too
- Full screen for desktop applications: Maximize your screen real estate on the iPad, use every inch of your Retina® display
- Unmatched access: Even with low bandwidth, Parallels Access makes it work
Parallels Access will cost $80 yearly per PC access. The iOS app is free of charge. The company gives 14 day free trial.