Last night, HTC announced the long-rumored HTC One Max smartphone. The device is somewhat similar to HTC flagship HTC One except the size. The full metal body allows a removable back cover just for microSD insertion. The battery 3300 mAh regretfully remains non replaceable.
The most notable feature and also the first on Android is the fingerprint scanner located on the back on the device. Similar to Apple’s offering, the feature lets user scan the fingertip to unlock without a entering the password. So far no hands-on experience has been reported for its effectiveness.
Additional features include:
- 5.9-inch full-HD LCD display
- 1.7GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 processor
- 2GB of RAM
- Android 4.3 Jelly Bean with Sense 5.5 UI
- 4MP UltraPixel/ 2.1MP cameras
- HTC BoomSound speaker
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, NFC, DLNA
- 16GB/ 32GB inbuilt storage variants, expandable up to 64GB via microSD card
- 217 grams
No words on pricing nor availability.