Update: The app has been released in the iTunes app store HERE. As we mentioned it is only available on the iPhone and users living in the US. However, if you live outside of the US, you can still trick the system with a small setting change in your App Store app on your iPhone.
- You first need to launch the App Store app on your iPhone.
- Tap on the “Featured” icon located at the bottom left corner.
- Scroll to the bottom and tap on Apple ID= your registered email.
- Select View Apple ID
- Select Country Region and change to US
- Agree to the new Terms and Conditions, select ‘None’ from the payment options, followed by the Next button in the bottom right-hand corner.
The hack is provided by TheNextWeb.
Facebook announced its new mobile app called Paper, which will be available first, on iPhone starting Feb 3rd in the US. The new app is aiming to provide users with the traditional News Feed and common functions known from the existing Facebook mobile app, in addition, the app serves up other feeds based on user interests. Additional feeds come from algorithm as well as human curation. The ultimate goal is to make the app your sole destination to read statuses from your friends and relevant news from other sources.
Beside the feeds, the app emphasizes on delivering immersive formatted contents and a new way to navigate focusing on touch-screen gestures such swiping, flipping or tilting the screen instead of buttons, icon based navigation. the user experience should be very similar with Flipboard app.
Facebook Paper is the first product designed by Facebook Creative Labs, a unit within the company tasked to “innovate and build new things.”