The Webtailer Amazon just updated its iPhone app to further threaten brick and mortar businesses. The new app bring in its search function an option called Flow, in additional to the existing scanning barcode that lets customer go to a physical store to view or “showrooming” products but later purchase at lower cost from Amazon Web site.
Once the app is activated and search is launched user can aim the iPhone camera to the products, Flow will automatically detect item by item on the fly and stores it in a list with link back to Amazon for ordering. There is no photo snapping needed. Swipe up the same screen to reveal the items stored.
Other features include:
- Browse, search, get product details, and read reviews on millions of products available from Amazon.com and other merchants
- Take advantage of 1-Click ordering, Prime member support, Subscribe & Save, Wish Lists, order tracking, and more
- Compare prices and check availability instantly by using Flow, scanning a barcode, or typing your search
- Get instant access to Gold Box Deals–including Deal of the Day and Lightning Deals
- Buy with confidence, knowing that all transactions are securely processed
Download the app HERE