Boeing, the aerospace has been working on a highly secured smartphone called Boeing Black Smartphone. According to the company, the device “will be sold primarily to government agencies and companies engaged in contractual activities with those agencies that are related to defense and homeland security.”
Built exclusively in US, the Black Smartphone uses a modified version of Android that supports software policy configurability and tons of security & en encryption features embedded. The physical platform is modular to accommodate tracking tools, satellite transceivers, biometric sensors and solar charging devices, etc..
The device features dual SIM cards, which allows to switch between public and private modes with a solid security fence to separate the two networks. It is said to be self-destructive to protect data should the shell is forced to open.
- Android™ Operating System: Convenient smartphone for Android usage
- Disk Encryption: Encrypted storage for sensitive data
- Hardware Root of Trust: Ensures software authenticity
- Hardware Crypto Engine: Protects stored and transmitted data
- Embedded Secure Components: Enables trusted operations
- Trusted Platform Modules: Provides secure key storage
- Secure Boot: Maintains device image integrity
- Hardware Modularity: Endless modularity capabilities
For more information, read the Boeing Black smartphone product card (PDF)